The focus of our continuing education offers lies in the fundamentals of railway technology and the interaction between the various disciplines.
Another focus are the RAMS / LCC courses in railway projects, which we offer and carry out together with the Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT) of ETH Zurich and the Institute of Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) of Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW).
Since the founding of the company about 25 courses have been held with about 500 participants.
(Even before the founding of eduRail courses were offered, originally by the former University of Applied Sciences of both Basel – FHBB, then by the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland – FHNW. Total we welcomed around 1’000 participants.)
Our recently offered and conducted courses:
- Public introductory course in railway engineering, together with the Bern University of Applied Sciences, department Engineering and Information Technology:
Every spring in Olten, in autumn in Bern
- Special courses fundamentals of railway technology for controllers of SBB (Group, Infrastructure and Passenger Traffic)
- Various railway technology courses for Stadler Bussnang and Stadler Altenrhein AG
- Training in traction technology for Siemens Switzerland AG, Transportation Systems, Wallisellen
- Various special courses in railway technology for SBB Personenverkehr, Operating, Bern
- Introductory course in railway engineering for Schweizer Electronic AG, Reiden
- Public course RAMS / LCC in railway projects, together with the Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT) of ETH Zurich and the Institute of Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) of Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW):
For several years, a course is offered annually in Olten.
- Specialist courses RAMS / LCC in railway projects, together with the Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT) of ETH Zurich, for Thales Rail Signaling Solutions AG Zurich and SBB Personenverkehr, Operating, Bern.
- Participation in the construction of a CAS SA (Certificate of Advanced Studies in signalling systems) of the University of Applied Sciences Friborg and the VöV
- provide speakers for
* Lecture Railway Systems Engineering I and II of the ETH Zurich, part signalling
* Basic courses of SBB Infrastructure
- SBB infrastructure, cooperation in various safety agencies, i.a. SiSt ETCS network and SiSt SA-GBL (Signalling on the Gotthard baseline)
- Schweizer Electronic AG Reiden, expert test reports on type approval applications for railway crossing control systems
- Sconrail, member of the Advisory Board & Committee of Safeguradging Impartiality
- Test Reports Phase Planning and Safety Certification Phase Implementation of level crossing systems, mainly for narrow gauge railways (eg BLT, WB, eg, RhB)
- OAQ Bern, expert in the validation of the bachelor study program Transport of ZHaW
- zb Zentralbahn AG: risk analyses
- Verkehrsbetriebe Glattal AG, Glattbrugg, Tunnelsicherung Margarethentunnel: Report on the “Safety Proof Realization” and assessment of the safety system on site
- AAR bus+bahn (WSB): Eigentrassierung Aarau-Buchs-Suhr, Evaluation of the offers for the safety, cable and automation systems